Deputy Project Administrator - Nevada
Deputy Project Administrator
At Bitfocus, our employees are the foundation of our success as an industry-leading software company. We are a team of talented, hard-working individuals who are passionate about the mission of ending homelessness. We strive to live by our core values and foster a culture of respect, collaboration, and inclusion. We actively look for ways to continue developing our foundation at all levels at Bitfocus.
We also believe in having fun and cultivating a positive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work. We recognize that everyone brings unique perspectives, experiences, and strengths. We believe in supporting and developing our employees to provide an 11-star experience to our customers and ultimately help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges.
We hope you consider bringing your talent and drive, and join us in helping end homelessness!
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Deputy Project Administrator to join our Community Administration team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of in-person and remote leadership, planning, technical, and training services across the homelessness response system. The Deputy Project Administrator assists in developing and maintaining a comprehensive partnership with the customer at multiple levels, anticipating needs and providing solutions as a critical part of the region’s homelessness response systems. The Deputy Project Administrator cultivates relationships of mutual respect and trust between the customer, local stakeholders, and Bitfocus — allowing all entities to meet their objectives successfully.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE, FULL-TIME POSITION - SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK FROM HOME.
We are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including skills, qualifications and professional experience, which can cause your compensation to vary. This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $65,000 - $100,000, as well as variable compensation (bonus) eligibility.
About the Community Administration Team:
The Community Administration team partners closely with communities across the United States to maximize the role of HMIS as a key element of a strong homelessness response system. Our role varies widely, and the day-to-day work may include responsibilities such as:
- Working closely with community partners to guide, plan, and manage complex initiatives in response to new federal funding.
- Consult with county leadership about bringing new shelters into the local coordinated entry system.
- Configuring Clarity Human Services to allow two agencies to share data.
- Reviewing data quality and outcomes dashboards to identify priority areas for agency outreach and support.
- Collaborating with other Bitfocus departments to develop a custom report.
- Designing audience-appropriate training for front-line staff, agency managers, and other community stakeholders. Topics may include HMIS requirements, coordinated entry workflow, local initiatives, CoC best practices, and/or other HMIS-related topics.
- And so much more!
As a Deputy Project Administrator, you will:
- In-Person: Be available for periodic in-person meetings and training across the Continuum of Care (CoC). In some cases there will be the expectation that the position be local to the CoC. When not attending in-person obligations, the position will be remote. This includes the ability to travel within the local area and work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Policies: Develop subject matter expertise on the local and national policies, practices, and program models that impact the homelessness response system. This includes participating in local and regional policy discussions and staying up-to-date on best practices and emerging trends in the field.
- HMIS: Implement and manage HMIS policies, procedures, and data sharing agreements, software configuration and end user workflows on behalf of the HMIS Lead Entity. This includes ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to data privacy and security.
- Clarity Human Services and Looker: Develop subject matter expertise on Clarity Human Services and Looker software, including staying current on software updates and new features, and participating in user groups and forums to share best practices and troubleshoot issues.
- Community: Engage community leadership using multiple strategies and invest in building trusting relationships. This includes participating in local and regional coalitions and workgroups to ensure alignment with community goals and priorities.
- Relationships: Build and boost customer and stakeholder relationships. This includes proactively engaging with agency partners and other stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, and providing excellent customer service and support.
- Resolving problems: Work closely with customers and stakeholders to identify and resolve complex business and data collection challenges through the lens of our Clarity Human Services software, HMIS requirements, and community goals. This includes providing technical assistance and support to end-users and agency partners, as well as participating in cross-functional teams to identify and address system-wide issues.
- Communication: Coordinate stakeholder communication around project milestones and timelines. This includes developing and maintaining project schedules, tracking project progress, and communicating updates and status reports to stakeholders and partners.
- Training: Develop and deliver high-quality training and presentations to a variety of audiences, including front-line staff, managers, and executive leadership. This includes developing training materials and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs to ensure they meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Projects: Initiate and monitor projects being managed by Bitfocus project managers that support the work happening in the communities we serve. This includes tracking project progress, identifying and addressing risks and issues, and ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
You will love this position if:
- Training/Project Management: Have expertise in adult education/training, data analytics, and/or project management.
- Homelessness Response: You have In-depth knowledge and understanding of homelessness response systems, including the complexities and nuances.
- Local Government/Nonprofits: You have experience and/or knowledge of working with local government or nonprofit sectors. as a program in a vendor or consultant capacity.
- HMIS/HUD: You are a subject matter expert in one or more of the following domains: Coordinated Entry, HMIS, HUD and/or Federal Partner Requirements & Reporting, Continuum of Care Roles and Responsibilities, Data Quality Improvement, and Data Visualization.
- Innovation: You are an innovator, systems-level thinker with a strong background in using best practices to approach problems and conflicts.
- Diplomacy: You are highly skilled in maneuvering through complex political situations with an effective and diplomatic manner.
- Adaption: You have the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and unique needs of different individuals or situations.
- Technology: You have enthusiasm for technology and the ability to quickly learn new software applications and database products.
- Organization: You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time-management skills to track and manage complex and shifting priorities, project outcomes, and financial components.
- Openness to new ideas and innovative thinking: You have a curious mindset and actively seek out new ideas and perspectives. Embrace innovation and are constantly looking for creative solutions to challenges within the homelessness response system.
- Humility: You approach work with humility and without letting ego get in the way. Value collaboration and are receptive to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Excellent listening skills: You are recognized as a good listener. Possess strong interpersonal skills and actively engage in attentive and empathetic listening.
- Dedication to supporting team success: You have an unwavering commitment to supporting the success of the team.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have a proven track record of building strong relationships with civic and community leaders, social service agency staff, and other stakeholders.
- You have experience developing and conducting large-scale training, and facilitating discussions across diverse audiences, with a demonstrated ability to engage and motivate participants.
- You have excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with the ability to navigate complex and sensitive situations with tact and sensitivity.
- You have demonstrated ability to manage projects from conception to completion, meeting deadlines and contractual obligations, and effectively triaging tasks to prioritize competing demands.
- You have strong people skills, with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues.
- You have strong analytical skills, with a working knowledge of descriptive statistics, data analysis tools, and reporting methods.
- You are exceptionally organized, with strong time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- You have experience working in the social services sector, with a solid understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing vulnerable populations.
- You have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, with a strong commitment to collaboration and partnership.
How Bitfocus Will Support You:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents. (100% employer paid for employee only and 50% employer paid for dependents!)
- Voluntary benefits options include Critical Illness, Hospital, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, and Health Saving Account options!
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401K retirement plan w/ 4% match.
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- $75 per month towards internet and phone bills
- 100% paid parental leave for 12 weeks for birthing, non-birthing, adoptive and surrogate parents
- Apple Macbook computer provided for your home office