Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
About Radicle:Radicle Health acquires, invests, and operates mission critical human services software (SaaS) companies. We believe that human services agencies and the people they serve deserve functional, modern, and easy-to-use software. And we believe we’re the ones to build it.Currently, Radicle has 4 platform companies and 200+ employees across the US and Canada, serving over 15,000 organizations in North America. This position will be the finance leader for one of our largest platform companies reporting directly to Radicle’s CFO and CEO. This position will interact with all departments within the company in a matrixed leadership environment.Radicle Health is backed by Alpine Software Group (ASG), a leading private equity investor in vertical SaaS businesses.Job Description:We’re looking for a talented Finance professional to serve as the Director of Finance for a PE-backed Enterprise SaaS company. In this role, your core responsibilities will be to independently develop and lead all aspects of the company’s finances. This job requires an individual that is data-oriented and driven to aid their company to grow as fast and economical as possible.Responsibilities:
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A): Develop and execute financial plans, budgets, and forecasts to ensure the company's financial goals are met. Analyze financial data to provide insights and recommendations for strategic decision-making.
- Monthly Reporting: Prepare regular financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Analyze and monitor Sales, Ops, & SaaS KPIs against plan for report out to Radicle and Platform Co leadership.
- Cost Control: Monitor and control expenses, identifying opportunities for cost optimization and efficiency improvements. Keep business unit expenses on target against plan.
- Financial Modeling: Build and maintain monthly financial models to assess the impact of various business scenarios and aid in strategic planning.
- Sales Finance Analysis: Pipeline & QBR Reporting, maintain a dashboard of unit economic and related sales KPIs: Pipeline Coverage, LTV, CAC, Retention, etc.
- Financial Operations: Oversee day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and related financial systems. Ensure timely collections of customer accounts.
- Strategic Financial Guidance: Serve as a trusted FP&A thought partner to the CEO, and Radicle Finance. Provide ad hoc analysis as requested.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related program (CPA a plus, but not required)
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting, and financial statements.
- 5+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis experience, preferably in SaaS environments
- Ability to manage a P&L and lead cross-functional teams to keep departmental budgets within plan.
- Exceptional Excel skills, including financial modeling, report creation, data analysis, dashboarding & charting, and use of common financial functions (index/match, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, pivot tables, etc.)
- Highly organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and be accountable for multiple time-sensitive deliverables
- Experience working with a SaaS or related subscription-based business model.
- Experience with accounting systems, preferably Sage Intacct
- Experience managing an internal accounting process, namely Billing/AR.
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area Preferred (Fully Remote also an option)
- Compensation: The target salary range for this position is $120,000 to $140,000 and is part of a competitive total rewards package including an annual bonus, and employer-paid benefits, Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
- Other Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental/vision healthcare coverage, FSA, unlimited PTO, parental leave, and holidays
- PeopleFirst mindset: The guiding principle of Radicle and ASG's mentality is that the key to success is working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people.