Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
About this Role: The Accounting Manager will help support our next phase of growth as we expand our Finance team. In this role, you will partner with the Director of Finance to oversee the accounting functions of Loomly and Planoly, including, but not limited to, month-end close, financial statements, and reports for the leadership team. You will also help to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures, as well as efficiencies for the team.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, sales tax, etc.
- Evaluate our current accounting functions and design a go-forward plan that will heighten efficiency
- Complete all reporting deliverables required per the dates in reporting packages
- Maintain and improve systems and procedures for the effective management of accounting operations
- Be responsible for the month-end process from start to finish, including revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly journal entries, etc.
- Assist in preparing, analyzing and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Assist in developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Help to establish a comprehensive set of Accounting Policies and Procedures and drive compliance
- Partner with HR to oversee and process payroll and contractor payments
- 5-7 years of accounting experience, with proven experience as an Accounting Manager or similar role
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and regulations (GAAP)
- Proven track record of driving results while navigating a fast changing environment within a rapidly scaling company
- CPA preferred but not required